Seven Secrets For A Successful Sale
With the real estate recovery underway, why are some properties not getting calls, showings, or offers from prospective buyers?
Seven important factors that influence an offer:
7. Get the help of an agent/brokler who offers the broadest and most varied marketing tools and services. Professional agents use all the advanced technological tools for the greatest exposure. 97% of all buyers turn to the internet first.
6. Timing is everything. Know when your buyers are most likely to be looking.
5. Understand your competition and other properties you will compete with for buyers. Prepare to be more compelling.
4. Prepare the condition of your property to stand out among similar properties. Differentiate its attributes.
3. Set terms buyers expect and will appreciate. Allow easy and convenient access for showings.
2. Set a realistic price based on recent successful sales, not similar listings that have expired, been withdrawn, or are still for sale. Those have not sold for a reason. Make yours stand out.
1. Finally — Put your house in the hands of a skilled negotiator. Use the expertise of a full-time real estate professional to your advantage.
Real estate is complex and fast-paced. It is not for the uninitiated. Call Hill for a professional consultation.
F. Hill Slowinski, JD, REALTOR® in DC, MD, and VA
W.C. & A.N. Miller Realtors, A Long & Foster Company
Christie’s International Real Estate
4701 Sangamore Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20816
Tel: 301-229-4000 Fax: 301-229-4015
Direct: 301-320-8430 · Cell: 301-452-1409
Email: HSlowinski@LNF.com · Web Site: www.HillSlowinski.com