[NOTE: See April 17 post re: Job Loss Protection plan associated with this program.]
Mortgage rates are at historic lows. Home prices are way down. There’s even a new first-time buyer tax credit in the stimulus package. No wonder everyone’s saying it’s a great time to buy. But, is it the right time for you to buy?
W.C. & A.N. Miller Realtors and Long & Foster just announced a dramatic new Buy Confident™ Plan designed to help you decide whether now – or later – is the best time to buy, based on your personal situation. It’s a sensible, objective barometer for you amidst all the headlines about “buy now!” and “low rates” and all the chaos associated with today’s economic crisis.
If now turns out to be a smart time for you to buy, you have exclusive access to a program in conjunction with our affiliate, Prosperity Mortgage®, that guarantees the lowest mortgage rate available or you receive $500*. This will help assure that should you decide to buy, your mortgage financing will be as advantageous as possible.
We’ve never done anything like this before, but we’ve never faced a market like this before either. If you’d like to learn more, please contact me about the Buy Confident Plan and I will explain how it can work for you.
Where do you stand?
Your family, your career and interests, and your personal financial picture really determine whether now’s a good time for you to consider buying a home. The following questions should help give you get a clear picture of exactly where you stand.
- Would you plan to live in the new house at least 5-10 years from now?
- On a scale of 1-10, Where 1 is ‘risk adverse’ and 10 is ‘risk taker’, how would you rate your risk tolerance?
- Do you have a financial advisor helping you make decisions?
- How does your house fit into your overall wealth/asset planning?
- How secure are you in your current job(s)? Could you still afford a home if you lost (one of) your income(s)?
- How much can you comfortably afford for a down payment?
- Have you assessed the bottom line impact of buying vs. renting?
- Do you currently own a home?
- What condition is your house in?
- How fast are homes selling in your neighborhood?
- Are there any other financial issues that you would need to address before buying a new home?
- Have you checked your credit report/score?
- Have you calculated a monthly mortgage payment you can afford?
What is your next step?
I hope you found the preceding questions helpful, and I realize you may not have all the answers. If additional research is needed, I am ready and willing to help.
If you have determined that now is a good time for you to buy, I will outline a plan to help you move forward with confidence in your next purchase. I will be glad to email you a 10-point Outline of your personal “Buy Confident” Plan which we will construct together.
WC & AN Miller Realtors, A Long & Foster Company
4701 Sangamore Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20816
Cell: 301-452-1409 Direct: 301-320-8430 Ofc: 301-229-4000